Friday, March 4, 2016
Easy homemade laraballs
Do you love LÄRABARS ?
There are tons of recipes out there for how to make your own larabars. I have tried several different combinations, but I prefer to just throw together whatever ingredients I have on hand, roll them into convenient bite size balls, and store them in the freezer for an easy snack.
Today I used dry roasted peanuts, dates, ground flaxseed, and chocolate - but there are lots of different combinations you can use within the "formula".
Easy Homemade Laraball Formula
1. Gather your ingredients:
- Fruit: dates, dried cranberries, raisins... but mostly dates.
- Nuts: peanuts, almonds, cashews, pecans...
- Hidden Healthy: flaxseed, hemp, sunflower seeds, chia seeds...
- Tasty: Chocolate, vanilla extract, shredded coconut...
- In a food processor, combine equal parts fruit and nuts - don't use ALL your available dried fruit (use 1/2 to 2/3), process until well chopped and grainy.
- Remove about half to a large mixing bowl and add your remaining fruit to the other half in the food processor, also add in your "hidden healthy" ingredients - I usually use about 1/4 - 1/2 cup total. Process until sticky and remove to your mixing bowl.
- Add your "tasty" ingredients. Extracts and shredded coconut can be mixed right in. I like to process chocolate into bits and crumbs before adding it to the mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to combine all the the ingredients in the bowl. Roll into 1 inch balls. Store in freezer bags in the fridge or freezer for an easy sweet snack.
Enjoy - and share some with a friend!