Friday, January 2, 2009

This Year's Completed Christmas Gifts

We are expecting Baby Fulton sometime in January, and I thought it was only right for him to have a beautiful blanket waiting to welcome him. This was Crocheted, and was a fairly quick project - 12 total hours or so - plus another hour to sew in ends.

Bernadette is Fulton's big sis, and she always wears my handmade gifts with pride. Upon opening this gift, she exclaimed, "It's a spring sweater!" This girly vest is knitted.

The Christmas present that took the most time this year was the cross stitch sampler for my big sis. Last year, after completing a sampler for myself, she immeadiatly requested one of her own... who am I to say no to a personal request for a handmade gift! I began working on this sampler in December of 2007, and completed it just in time for Christmas this year.


2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe the time and effort that went into making those lovely gifts. Words cannot express my surprise and gratefulness for the love you put into your niece's and nephew's gift. Thank You so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed. What is on the list for next year's gifts?

    ReplyDelete

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.