Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Project: Love for Helen

Today is a quiet Saturday with my sweetie away. So I decided to work on one of my projects for little baby Helen.

This one is a "Name Quilt" type piece that I plan on hanging above her closet doors. I took the curtains we chose for her window and matched fabric colors to them last weekend. Then I printed the letters to trace, cut them out, and got to sewing. The trickiest part was trying not to let the fabric pucker. I think it turned out quite well... a little love for Helen....



This will be stretched around a wood frame for hanging.



Looks like I finished sewing just in time....

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Gosh, there are so many things I want to make for my children but I lack the necessary skills. I'm going to try but I have to think small at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! That's a beautiful quilt. You are so talented. (You got all the talent in the family).

    P.S. David needs to go away more often because that's when you update your blog most often!!

    ReplyDelete

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.