Friday, January 18, 2013

January WIPs

Here they are in all their glory... these are the projects on my needles.

David's Traveling Socks 2.0

David's traveling socks. The Time Traveler Sock pattern. Knit in Lion Brand sock yarn in the rock candy colorway. I am knitting on Size 2 Addi Lace needles, though since I do tend to be a loose knitter, I will probably knit my next pair of socks on a smaller size needle. Hopefully these socks will stand up to wear ok.

Cascade Baby Sweater 1.0

The Cascade Baby Sweater. Knit in leftover Berroco Vintage, lilac colorway. I really love this yarn. I love it. The pricing is so friendly, the wash-ability it awesome. And it feels soft and lovely. I have already laundered my girls sweaters in this yarn several times and they still look beautiful. This morning I finished the first sleeve... this sweater will be complete soon!

Amused 1.0

My sister's Amused sweater. This one is semi hibernating as the combination of cable chart and shaping instructions is challenging my brain a bit :)

Copper Rocio 2.0

My Rocio Sweater. I try to work on this one at least a little bit every day. It is slow going, but I know the outcome will be worth it. I keep trying to get through this first bit of semi-complicated lace, because after the chart reading it should move faster.

Rusty Mordor Shawl 1.0

And finally, the Mordor Shawl. This pattern is lovely, and so calming to knit. It is totally worth the $4, and I can see many other shawls being born out of this pattern with my own improvisations added in. I love that the completed shawl is quite wide and hope to use it as a nursing cover in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.