Thursday, September 6, 2007

Variations on a Basic Knitted Wash Cloth



The two wash cloths above were made by getting a little creative with the pattern below. I like to try out new stiches with them. The main pattern has just a solid "stockinette" center.
Knitting Needles size 8US .5mm
I usually use the suger n' cream cotton (cheap and everywhere).
I cast on 35, do 7 rows of seed stich (knit purl knit purl etc)
Row 8 and all even: seed st for 5 -knit across to last five - seed st to end
Row 9 and all odd: seed st for 5 -purl across to last five - seed st to end
I finish with 7 more rows of seed st.
Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.