Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A New Toy and Does this Count as a Sweater?

The other day I was hand-winding a hank of yarn and it went slightly awry... well more than slightly.

Yarn Mess

This mess inspired a little amazon shopping, and I found this Tabletop Amish Style Wooden Yarn Swift. Because of the Amazon advertising fees I have earned from the purchases made by my readers (thanks, dad!) I had a little gift card to make this purchase possible!



And then today, it arrived! The Amish style yarn swift is great for the knitting hobbyist, it breaks down quickly and is easy to store. You can also get a Nostepinne (a Scandinavian invention) for making center pull  balls the old fashioned way. This swift is definitely not as quick as the Wooden Swift Yarn Winder's that expand and collapse, but it does get the job done without the headache of knotting up your hanks.


Amish Yarn Swift 2

Now, I am happily winding yarn with way less mess.

In other news, I knit a tiny pink sweater today... It is for my niece's "Birthday Tree" and turned out so sweet that I may have to knit more tiny things.  But, the real question is... does this tiny sweater count as one of my twelve? I think yes!

Tiny Pink Sweater 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.