Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sewing a Mary Costume

Mary Costume

For someone who doesn't often sew, I sure am sewing a lot lately! I have always considered myself a utilitarian sewer... one who sews for need not beauty, but I think this last minute Mary costume turned out quite beautiful. I used a nightgown pattern from Making Children's Clothes by Emma Hardy.


The gown took two yards of light blue fabric and the veil is just one yard, hemmed, and pinned to the sides of Helen's hair. She is trying it out for our friend's daughter who will be Mary in her school's play this year. 

Just change the color of the fabric and you have the perfect tunic for any shepherd or angel.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Helen is beautiful in her Mary costume. You really should do more sewing...you're great at it!

    ReplyDelete

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.