Saturday, February 1, 2014

Back to the Blog

Hi.

It is February 1st and I really haven't "blogged" in a while, but that's ok. It happens.

We have been enjoying, and sometimes not enjoying, the ups and downs of the North Texas winter. 70's one day and 30's the next will drive anyone's nose to drip at an alarming rate. We have chickens. We love them. Really, they are awesome and you should get some too.


Girl + Chicken

Our girls love them. And they lay eggs... giant eggs. Did I mention that the girls love them?

They're Here!


We made cards for Thanksgiving.

2013 Thanksgiving Cards

I spun some yarn... dyed by the lovely Dawn of Daybreak Dyeworks.

"Steph's Perfect Fall" Daybreak Dyeworks BFL

The girls colored pictures of chickens.

UntitledUntitled


I spun some more.... Daybreak :)

Farmer's Market Peach

And I bought some fiber... from Daybreak Dyeworks!

Frosted Petals and Desert Sky

I cut up a quilt.

vintage quilt top

The girls busted out their water colors.

Untitled



Untitled

And I spun more Daybreak - surprise!

Untitled

I washed a fleece.

brown fleece

Crocheted one of these crazy hats.

cabbage hat



Made Helen cry by trying to take a picture of her new sweater... a Bulle.

bulle fof helen

And some other stuff... including...

Starting to read a couple books.

The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart of Eternity by Sally Clarkson

and 

Our Lady of Fatima by William T. Walsh

Ordering a bunch of seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, so that we can pretend to be real farmers.

I also roasted a pretty darn good chicken last week (from the store, not the backyard)!

That is about it, welcome February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.