Sunday, February 2, 2014

Rainy Day Blues and Grays

Super Bowl Sunday... to many around the US that means a great opportunity to knit and spin for HOURS. Today is also cold and sleeting, so even more reason to stay warm and snuggled up on the couch with some yarn and needles.

Blue-Gray Ashland Bay Merino

I am spinning, blue and gray... chosen at the DFW Fiber Fest last spring for my husband. It is from Butterfly Girl Designs, and is 100% Ashland Bay Multicolored Merino Top in the Granite colorway.

His birthday is coming up soon... so better get busy. Especially since the socks I am knitting him are nowhere close to being done. They are just not working out, and I am so tempted to rip back and try something different. Except, there is no time! argh!

David's Sneaky Argyle Socks

The main reason is I am running short of the main yarn color, and should have thought to knit the toe in the complimentary color in the first place... but I didn't. When projects get like this, I just don't want to work on them... and that is not good when you have a deadline. So, I guess I am feeling a little blue and gray today.

So I will spin instead, and maybe he will get a hat for his birthday.

Blue-Gray Ashland Bay Merino

2 comments:

  1. I spun some today, and now I think I'll get my knitting out. I'm working on a sock, but I really need a new project, too. Hrm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need some inspiration, so let me know if you come up with anything!

      Delete

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.