Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Slow Cooker Beefy Lentil Texas Chili

I have been fiddling with my chili recipe for years, and I think I have finally hit upon my perfect combination of ingredients.

Slow Cooker Beefy Lentil Texas Chili

Slow Cooker Beefy Lentil Texas Chili

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb lean ground beef
1 large yellow onion, diced small
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp dark red chili powder
1 cup dry green lentils
2 cups water
2 (14oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (26oz) can Ranch Style Beans

Heat oil in skillet over med/high heat. Cook onions and beef, mixing in garlic about halfway. When beef is no longer pink, stir in chili powder.

In a 5 to 7 quart slow cooker, mix together remaining ingredients and beef mixture. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 - 8.

Enjoy with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.