Monday, February 4, 2013

Powering through, the Mordor Shawl

As my pile of works in progress continues to grow, I decided it was time to finish something. In order for me to complete a project I dedicate 85% of my totally knitting time every day to that object... otherwise they never get finished.

Rusty Mordor 2.2

Last week I focused my attentions on the Mordor Shawl, a lovely pattern and a beautiful finished shawl. I love that it is long and narrow... almost like a scarf. I still need to block it to get more of a crescent shape.

I made some minor modifications, such as doubling the contrast color band before the ruffle border, but don't ask me how exactly how I worked it all out... it was a figure it out as I go kind of thing.

Rusty Mordor 2.1

The orange is Berroco Vintage DK in Pumpkin (pumpkin spice?) and the multi is Lorna's Laces Sportmate in the November '12 Rusty Bucket colorway. Love love love these colors. I knit most of this while catching up on Downton Abbey, and the purples and grays of the Lorna's Laces looked so much like the beautiful gowns of the Grantham sisters.

Rusty Mordor 2.7
(Hey! look! It's the Dinosaur Train, lol.)

One 2013 project down, many more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.