Friday, November 6, 2009

Homemade Baby Food: Butternut Squash

Tonight I tried my first batch of homemade baby food. The recipe: Winter Squash Puree from Williams-Sonoma's "Cooking for Baby".

We already had about 1 1/2 lbs of pre-cut butternut squash is the fridge, so I just spread it out on a baking sheet and popped it in the oven.

Afterwards, I pureed it in my handy-dandy food processor.

And then, filled the cups of my special baby food ice trays (with very handy covers) - a gift from my dear sister. I am freezing the puree in these approximately one ounce servings to save for my sweet babe to eat in a month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.