Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Of Christmas Stockings and Bite Marks

I have decided on a pattern for Helen's stocking and have begun the process of crocheting the motifs.  The pattern is Starflower Hexagon a free Ravelry download.  With four colors in each motif, that means 8 ends to sew-in  per hexagon.  Oh! How I hate sewing in ends!!  But, I do love this pattern and think that it is going to make a beautiful stocking.


We are at home this morning, I think Helen has a sinus infection and to top it all off she was bit at daycare yesterday - on the cheek!  So, we have an appointment with our pediatrician to hopefully sort things out.  

5 comments:

  1. OUCH!! Poor Helen. First Lady gets her... now another kid. She must be tasty.

    By the way, I absolutely love the pattern of Helen's stocking. Will you have it finished by Christmas?

    I need to do some blogging tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! My poor baby! The {good?} news is that she does not have a sinus infection - she has an ear infection.

    I hope to have her stocking ready for Christmas, I need to make 16 of the hexagons (I have 2 1/2 right now). Then I need to sew it all together which is the tough part.

    My knitting mom group is all making stockings with the goal of completion: Nov 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sew in Helen's ends for her stocking if you like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might just take you up on that mom! It would save me a huge headache :) I'll let you know when I have a stack ready for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one serious looking bitemark! I can't believe that was made by a child. Loving the stocking pattern! Mine is currently only one round in so I need to start knitting a little faster to be done on time.

    ReplyDelete

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.