Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Keeping a List Journal

I have started keeping a journal.

It is not a real journal, but a list. I love lists.

Many stay-at-home moms swear by having a day planner with their list of goals and activities. I have tried this. It does not work for me. Something happens during the day that changes all our plans, or I plan to do three loads of laundry and end up only washing one load and forgetting to switch it to the dryer... then when I look back at my "plan" at the end of the day I shake my head and wonder what happened.

DSC04420

My List Journal is just a record. A record of our activities. A way to look back at the day and say, "hey, we really did a lot today!"

I really want to use it to write down the little things... like what books we read, or something funny Helen said, or how Clare fell asleep - since that changes everyday! I also like using it to keep track of what we ate or what type of activities we did. And since I keep it on the kitchen counter (yes, that is my messy counter!) and add to it in little bits throughout the day, I don't have to set aside time in the evening to reflect... and that is a good thing as I am usually only in the mood to sit and knit by then!

Try it! You might like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.