Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Babies love Hats and Blankies

Last week I finished up a little sewing project, requested by a friend... for her friend :)

Urban Blanket & Hat 1

I am loving the Knitted Hat and Sewn Blanket combo right now! Minky/Dotty Orange Fabric combined with cotton in the Urban Elephants print - too cute! The hat is just made out of some Caron Simply Soft I had in my unending yarn stash.

Urban Blanket & Hat 2

I made the blanket by laying the front sides facing each other (with some batting behind the print), sewing around the edge (leaving a 1 ft hole to flip it right side out), flipped it, smoothed out the corners, top-stitched along the very edge and than again about a 1/2 inch in from the side (making that nice band around the edge). The "U" was appliqued onto the minky before I sewed the pieces together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.