Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Knitting for Boys: Soaker Shorts

Since I am usually knitting up items for my little girls, it is fun to occasionally make boyish knits. And when a good friend is expecting a baby boy and planning on cloth diapering, it is the perfect opportunity to knit up some boyish shorties!

Mama's Favorite Longies 2

This time I tried out a new pattern: Mama's Favorite Longies by fellow Texan Annie Soutter. I also tried out a new yarn - Peace Fleece - one well know for it's awesomeness as a diaper cover wool.

Mama's Favorite Longies 5

I really loved the pattern, it was very easy to follow and would be a great first longies pattern for a new knitter. The Peace Fleece was also great - love it's wooliness! It is much rougher than some of the more mainstream yarns, but after washing is softens up.... but stays strong for rough and tumble little boys!

Mama's Favorite Longies 4

This colorway is called Grass Roots... and it is brownish with a green undertone. The multi-colored flecks make it perfect for pairing with brightly colored boys' t-shirts. These shorties used a little less than one 4oz hank of Peace Fleece.

Mama's Favorite Longies 9

Link to my Ravelry Project Page: Mama's Peace Shorties

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love everything about this project! I LOVE that yarn! The colored flecks make me smile as big Clare! Love that baby! Her eyes have turned a beautiful brown! I seriously want hug and kiss her. I'll go do that to her cousin instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We can't wait to see you all this weekend - then you can hug away!

      Delete
  2. Cute! I LOVE Peace Fleece! Grassroots is one of my favorite colorways! Nice work :)
    ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.