Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Let the Games Begin!

This year I decided to participate in the "Ravellenic Games" (which was once know by the name Ravelympics.... until the US Olympic Committee decided to be lame).

The goal is to challenge yourself by starting and finishing one or more projects during the course of the Olympic games. There are 32 official "events" from the "Afghan Marathon" to the "WIPs (Works in Progress) Wresting".

I am participating in the "Mitten Medley" and double challenging myself with some (ack!) colorwork! I am knitting a pattern I purchased and downloaded directly from Ravelry: The Blomst Mittens. I love the country-retro feel!

Blomst Mittens 1
This is my project so far - I started Saturday - I really loved these colors together in the hank, but now that I am knitting them I wish the purple was more red-orange and than the gold was more beige-tan. The green does not pop like I wanted it too, and the purple just looks out of place.... however, I will keep knitting away in hopes that they will grow on me.

Blomst Mittens 4
The long-term plan for these mittens is to knit them in a variety of color combinations and gift them out to aunts and sisters. The yarn (Berroco Vintage DK) is super soft and comes in a lot of lovely colors so I think I will buy a couple different colors to try out with the leftovers from this pair.


1 comment:

  1. I will have to see these in person, as the 'purple' looks brown to me, and I agree the 'gold' does look more tan. hmmm, will have to check it out. Though I love the green ;-) I'll be cheering for you, hope you win the GOLD medal!

    ReplyDelete

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.