Monday, August 13, 2012

A Good Day for Yarn

I love mail.

Especially yarn mail.

Today I received from the very generous Melissa Thomas of Family Pendragon yarns, a sample of her beautiful handpainted yarn. GORGEOUS. Melissa is a fellow Texas WAHM (work at home mom), and I love having the opportunity to support her and other crafty mamas.

Family Pendragon Sweet Pea

I really couldn't get a photo that really showed the real beauty of the colors. It is the Sweet Pea colorway on a base of Gaia Organic Merino. Just lovely.

Family Pendragon Sweet Pea

After I first heard from Melissa, I zoomed over to her facebook page and website to check out her dying. I was impressed... and totally in love. I really need to start investing in more hand-dyed, hand-painted yarns. They are awesome, and Melissa's eye for color is astounding. The Ravelry Group for Family Pendragon regulars hosts co-ops for purchasing her yarns in groups to get the co-op discount.

Family Pendragon Sweet Pea

I love this yarn so much, that even though it would be an awesome diaper soaker, I can't even think of it - it is just too lovely. So, now I am thinking this is destined to be a sweet little tunic of some sort.

I want to show my support of other Texas moms with crafty businesses, so if you have a business you would like me to feature here, please send me a note at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. I have put Family Pendragon's logo & link in my sidebar and I would love to have yours there as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.