Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Quick Knitting and Random Wednesday

Pembroke Wrap 1.2

After my intense colorwork mitten knitting, I really needed something fast and interesting. The Pembroke Wrap from Interweave Knits Fall 2011 was the perfect answer.

Pembroke Wrap 1.0

Luckily I was able to pick up some clearance wool at Joann's! This whole wrap is going to end up costing less than $8 in yarn - what a deal! I love this colorway and am a little sad that I never tried this yarn before they decided to discontinue it.

Pembroke Wrap 1.3

I am adding extra repeats to the pattern as per the instructions of fellow Raveler: TheCalicoLover - Thank you for the notes! I think this pattern is good shawl/lace practice for me before I tackle my Madelinetosh lace weight yarn.

2012 Mopped Floor

In other news, I have decided to start posting some random items on Wednesdays (whenever possible of course). Today I mopped the kitchen floor - that is quite a random event for me :)

2012 Helen and Dogs

Also, Helen is starting to play independently outside - with the dogs at her side of course - this is great, and I can't wait for cooler weather so that we can all spend more time outdoors.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the floors! I love the colors in that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am sad they discontinued that yarn. It's nice to work with!

    ReplyDelete

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.