Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Oh, the Cat


Never did I think we would be decorating with paintings of CATS! However, never say never I guess because we just found two beautiful prints of a cat that looks just like our dear Marble.


We happened upon them in Eureka Springs, Arkansas... purchased from the artist a a local show. Diana Harvy had a diverse collection of paintings and prints of her cute cat... who just happened to be a twin of ours.

Sweetie was taken with the image of Saint Gertrude (the patron saint of cats of course). The paper crane painting reminds me of an early obsession of my... making hundreds of paper cranes and scattering them about my room as a pre-teen.

Marble does not seem to be as taken with the artwork as we are, however she did welcome us home after our trip... I can't ask for much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.