Thursday, November 15, 2007

Somebody's Getting a Sweater



I have begun the beautiful gray sweater for my sweetie. I am using Lion Brand Wool-Ease... a questionable yarn considering the high percentage of acrylic. However, seeing as I am a penny-pincher, and he picked out the color... I think it will work out just fine.


The pattern of choice is from an old issue of "Make It Yourself" http://www.amazon.com/Make-Yourself-step-step-needlework/dp/B00005WC40
... a seventies flashback for some. (I sadly was not yet alive to truly enjoy the seventies.) I liked the pattern because it looked like it would withstand the fashion changes for many more decades to come, it looked comfy, and the model in the picture looked cute in it.


The only drawback:

Seventies sizing is not friendly to the tall full-figured man of today. Sweetie is by no means obese.. just over 6 foot... so I will have to improvise the sizing.

The plus side of the only drawback:

Seeing as I like to do whatever I feel like when knitting anyways... the sizing issue is a good excuse to take extra liberties, and also a good scapegoat if the sweater is not as handsome as hoped.

Anyways, sweetie looks forward to seeing if he will be cuter than the model when wearing his one and only hand-knit sweater :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.