Friday, November 12, 2010

A New Year

Birthday Cake - Candles
Photograph by: Jessica Diamond

Last year, I reflected on my birthday about my successes of the past year and my goals for the new.  As I look back on those sentiments, I can't help but get a little tickle in my throat.  The emotions of becoming a mother and realizing all that entails linger with me still, and I expect will continue to be true and strong for the rest of my life.

This year I look back at my goals and feel good.  I feel good that I have done what I can to accomplish the little things that make life beautiful. Things like holding close the people that I love, strengthening relationships with those I care about, and pursuing things that I love in a way that benefits our family and home life. 

As I look forward to this new year I hope to refocus myself as a wife and mother - looking to grow in those God-given rolls (and maybe learn to keep my room clean for the first time in my life - not much chance of that happening!).  I hope to find new ways to make my home welcoming to others, pursue new ways to feed my family nutritiously, and keep up with some of those crafting goals I have set for myself. 

A thank you to all of my family and friends who are ever-patient and ever-loving.  The blessings we receive in life are always so much more than we deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do not reproduce any content from this site without my written permission. You can reach me directly at lonestar(dot)knits(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thank you.